Skip to main content
When you share a tip through our online portal we make sure you stay completely anonymous!  |  Find out how

Other reporting options

We've prepared some useful contacts to help you share information with other organisations.

It’s important to know when to contact Crime Stoppers or whether it is a better option to go to another organisation, so below we’ve shared some useful information to help you work out your next steps.

If I am a victim of crime, can I report to Crime Stoppers?

No. If you require immediate assistance, please dial 000 for emergency services. If you require non-urgent police assistance please contact the Police Assistance Line on 131 444.

If you are the victim of a violent act, or the relative or close friend of a victim, you can get free counselling. Counselling services for victims of crime are located across the Northern Territory. Victims of Crime NT is a non-government agency that provides crisis support, information, advocacy, court support and referrals to other support services. They also operate a 24-hour phone line: freecall 1800 672 242.

Can I provide information about family violence to Crime Stoppers?

If you witness or experience domestic or family violence, you need to call police on 131 444 or 000 in an emergency.

In the Northern Territory, you must report domestic and family violence to the police. Mandatory reporting requirements apply to all persons over 18 years of age. You can find out how to report domestic, family and sexual violence incidents here.

You must also report your concerns if you believe a child is being, or has been, harmed or abused. You can make a report about child abuse here.

More about the Family Safety Framework in the Northern Territory can be found here.

Can I contact Crime Stoppers with information about anti-social behaviour?

Normally when anti-social behaviour is occurring a police response is needed as soon as possible, so call for police assistance on 131 444 or in an emergency dial 000. However, if anti-social behaviour is not currently happening, but regularly occurs at a particular location, on a specific day or involving specific people then that information can be shared by making a report to Crime Stoppers.

Should I contact Crime Stoppers if I want to make a complaint about police?

If you believe you have been unfairly treated by the Northern Territory Police Force, or that a police officer has behaved inappropriately, you can complain to the Office of the Ombudsman or directly with the NT Police.

How do I report racism, sexual harassment or discrimination?

You can submit a report or lodge a formal complaint at the NT Anti-Discrimination website.

How do I report Centrelink or Medicare fraud?

Call the Australian Government Services Fraud Tip-off line on 131 524 or report it to Centrelink or Medicare via the Services Australia website.

Where can I report cybercrime, such as online fraud or internet scams?

You can report cybercrime to the Australian Signals Directorate ‘Report Cyber’.

Where do I report offensive content on the internet?

Content which you believed is offensive on the internet can be reported to the Australian Communication and Media Authority.